Chair Alex Morley,
Secretary Jane Longden,
Treasurer Paul Whitmore,
Diving officer Richard Barton
MINUTES – Scubadiving-Indepth (SAC) Meeting- 4th October 2018
Those present: Alex Morley, Richard Barton, Lee Betts, Morgan Longden, Jane Longden, David McPeake, Emma McPeake
Apologies: Paul Whitmore, Mitch, Tash, John.
Meeting commenced at 8.30pm
- Paul not yet been able to progress further at this stage with the bank account opening. Richard is going to try the Royal Bank of Scotland to see if the process to open an account with them will be any smoother.
- Carol Barton and John Hay – memberships confirmed now to the new club.
- Morgan and Jane Longden still awaiting emails from BSAC to confirm memberships and details of how to log into the BSAC site.
- New memberships – forms being filled in tonight by Alex Morley , Lee Betts, David McPeake and Emma McPeake.
- Richard has approached Tesco at Clay Cross about putting up posters to make people aware of the club. He has been advised that he needs to speak with the Community Champions and is awaiting a reply back about this. Ideas including displaying a boat etc in the car park. Richard to also approach Tesco in Alfreton by writing to them
- Richard confirmed that the pool sessions would continue to be once a month included in the membership fee and that snorkel members would also be able to attend the pool
- Brief discussion at this point about the Scapa Flow trip which was a nightmare
- Farnes – trip planned for 12th and 13th August. Travel on Sunday 11th August to commence diving first thing on the 12th. Trip for members only and cost will be £165. Deposit payable – £50. Richard to advise when payment required and to confirm this cost. Interested parties already – Alex, Lee, Richard, Morgan and Dave.
- Ripley BSAC group – trip off Anglesey early summer 2019 using their rib. Possibly weekend end of April, beginning of May – Saturday, Sunday and Bank holiday Monday. Interested parties – possibly Alex, Morgan, Richard
- NDAC trip in Chepstow. Possibly middle of a week. Lee suggested a Thursday or weekend. Further details to be decided
- Capernwray trip – Saturday 13th August – training trip for new divers. Anyone wishing to come along, please contact Richard on Facebook. Second training trip on Saturday 20th October. Jane to facilitate divers on the 13th and Carol Barton to assist on the 20th.
- If anyone has any suggestions for trips on a Saturday this year, please let Richard know on Facebook.
- Dive show event NEC- 28th October – let Richard know if interested in going. Alex and Morgan expressed a possible interest and Richard believes Paul and John may also be going
- Grow Your Club Checklist at Kings Mill Yacht Club – BSAC club. Richard and Alex to attend. 16th October
- South Coast as a possibility for a trip – Plymouth, Weymouth or Brighton. Anyone interested, please let Richard know
- Richard explained the rules which have been clearly drawn up regarding non club members joining us on trips. Non members must have insurance. Copies of both the trip conditions and booking conditions attached.
Any other business
- Richard explained the rules relating to the new club. Non members must have insurance. Copy of these rules/regulations below.
- BSAC training – Richard is doing the Advanced Diver course. Crossover pack is £40. Training packs have no time limit. Dive leader packs – £30. Get in touch for more details and to order packs up to do courses. Richard discussed may need more pool instructors if more new pupils become interested. Check all courses online when membership packs/instructions come through.
- Membership fees discussed. At present, membership will stay at £100 per year and is not anticipated at this stage that this will go up in the near future.
- Raising funds – again publicity at Tesco was mentioned. Emma suggested cake sales/tombola/name the bear.
- Try dives – Richard has been charging £10 for these – possible change to this charge to be advised
- Richard advised that the website is now showing cylinder fill prices. Richard will advise password to get onto members site
- Reminder – pool session next Wednesday at Ripley – 10th October
- Richard been approached by Blueotwo sales representative Catherine Lee. She expressed an interest in attending the meeting today to discuss liveaboard trip to Egypt. Richard to discuss with her further
Meeting closed at 9.40pm